- Quiet Markets Limp to Finish Line for Week
Futures hold chart support after disappointing reactions to USDA data. (Audio)
- Winter 2014 Lingers into Spring
Forecaster predicts wide-temperature swings, Corn Belt moisture.
- Could NASA Satellites Predict Agricultural Yields in the Future?
New uses for NASA satellites show Midwest crop productivity; has potential for monitoring, predicting regional yields in the future
- Will the Panama Canal Expansion Be Complete Before 2016?
Several issues stand in the way of a completed Panama Canal expansion that could benefit agriculture in the U.S.
- Spring Brings Potential For Delayed Planting
NOAA Spring Outlook favors continued dry conditions in the West, delayed planting on deep frosts in Midwest
- Dairy Farmers Look to Make Upgrades With Strong Profits
Growing profit margins mean upgrades for dairy producers, but memories of 2009 fallout keeps producers cautious
- Livestock Call by John Otte
Cutout gains lift fed cattle futures, feeder cattle follow fed cattle higher, sharply higher midday pork cutouts reverse lower to dehorn hog bulls